• Motor Vehicle Accidents.

    Motor Vehicle Accidents.

Are you eligible to claim?

You can make a claim if you have been injured as a result of the negligent driving of a motor vehicle. 

Even the most unusual of circumstances of motor vehicle accidents may warrant a claim. For example we have even represented a person who was injured while watching TV when a car crashed through their lounge room window!

Motor vehicle accident injury claims can arise if you are:

  • a passenger of a vehicle
  • a driver of a vehicle
  • a pedestrian
  • on a bicyle or motorcycle, or
  • on a skateboard!


The legal process.

Based on PPIL’s significant experience as car accident claims lawyers supporting clients with motor vehicle accident injuries, you can expect to settle your claim approximately 14-18 months after the accident. By this point your injuries should have stabilised and any impairment or disability suffered can be assessed by your doctor, and an independent specialist. We explain this process further here​​​​.​​​

What are our clients saying about us?

  • I would like to thank Justin and the team at PPIL, thanks for being in my corner. They have helped me find closure after my work injury. Highly recommended!
    Dave H
    Personal Injury Claim
  • I would like to thank Natasha and all her wonderful staff for all the thorough and excellent hard work that they all put into my motor vehicle accident claim.

    I can highly recommend them for any claim you have. The level of professionalism and customer service is outstanding. I was very satisfied.
    Angela D
    Motor Vehicle Claim

We make it easy for you. 

When you engage PPIL, we will deal with the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA) on your behalf who will in turn ‘step into the shoes’ of the negligent driver. Neither ICWA nor the negligent driver will contact you directly, allowing you peace of mind to focus on what is most important: concentrating on your medical recovery.

It is likely that your injuries are greater than the statutory threshold which is essentially 5% of the worst-case scenario (Learn more about the ICWA threshold here). If you get over the hurdles of negligence and the threshold and you can prove your loss, then this will increase your prospects of negotiating a settlement of your claim. 

What am I entitled to claim?

Depending on the circumstances of your case you may be eligible to claim:


  • General damages compensating for your pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of amenities.
  • Economic loss including past and future loss of income and superannuation. You may be back at work, but there is still the potential to claim for loss of earning capacity or loss of opportunity in the circumstance where your injury impacts your ability to obtain a promotion, do overtime or obtain employment in a higher paid job. If you have suffered a psychological or psychiatric injury as a result of the accident, this condtion also compensable.
  • Past and future medical treatment costs.
  • Gratuitous services or voluntary assistance for the support that family and friends have provided to you due to your accident injuries. For example, helping with self-care, bathing, cooking dinners, washing clothes and other domestic duties.  
  • Past and future travelling expenses for travel to and from treatment providers.

If at the time of the accident you were at least 18 years of age, you have three years from the date of the accident to either settle your claim or to commence legal proceedings to protect your rights and entitlements. If you were below the age of 18 years of age, your limitation period is generally longer but it is important that you obtain legal advice. Click here for more details. 

If you believe you have a motor vehicle accident claim contact PPIL to discuss your situation. 


There’s a reason we have a 99% success rate.

“Always in your corner” means acting in your best interest. We give clear, honest and frank advice and will not fill you full of false expectations. We will give you a break down of your claim and will recommend a strategic approach that will provide you with the leverage to obtain the best personal and financial outcome. We will only take on your case if we are confident in a successful outcome. PPIL - your committed personal injury lawyers in Perth and Mandurah.

Get in touch.

Legal matters are complex and we welcome all enquiries and questions. Please complete this form and one of our team will be in touch immediately.


Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Already verified you are human.